• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Non hug hugs

Teasel

Sponsor
I'm just having a cuppa tea and it's giving my body / mind a non hug hug if that makes sense.

I know there's plenty of other things that also give a sorta calming little boost like that. Sunsets and sunrises especially. And plenty of food hugs, like porridge too.

Wondering What other non hug hugs you all might like?

Those are all lovely @Midnightmoon I hope you get to smell the forest again and soon.

Being in nature can be such a balm, especially when it's beautiful.

Saw a mini sunset tonight, was excited by it lol. I use an app called alpenglow which aims to predict when you'll get a good sunset. Tonight's was predicted 62% chance, and it was about right.

I love hearing the same waves crash on the rocks. Live heating the wind in the trees too.

Funny enough I've only recently gotten into drinking tea British style again recently, it's gorgeous 😍

Thos are all great @Movingforward10 but singing badly is just the best 😁👩‍🎤

Some more I thought of ~ cbd oil, defo gives the internal hug effect.

And being in water. I really miss that.

Slow deep breathing, hacking the parasympathetic - reading up, very quickly indeed, mentions during exhalation, the vagus nerve secretes a transmitter substance (ACh)

Dancing maybe too. Maybe that's a different kind of boost.

Just reading up on the chemicals that boost calmness etc, tryptophan is in milk and oats, so that could be part of that.

Very quickest of reads suggest Anandamide, Arachidonoyl Glycerol (2-AG), Glutamate, Dopamine, Serotonin, Adenosine and GABA are all linked to cbd

I'm just having a cuppa tea and it's giving my body / mind a non hug hug if that makes sense.

I know there's plenty of other things that also give a sorta calming little boost like that. Sunsets and sunrises especially. And plenty of food hugs, like porridge too.

Wondering What other non hug hugs you all might like?
Pizza is my non hug hug along with coffee. But I'm a hugger.

Back