• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Research Small Survey on PTSD Symptoms

semstudies

New Here
Hello! My name is Sem and I am working on an end of the year project for my college in the high school statistics class. This means I am still in high school, but I am being taught at a college level and I am receiving college credit from a nearby community college. I am fascinated by psychology and how our brain works in response to what we experience in life and I wanted to do a project that reflected this. Through my own recent experiences, I have been dealing with trauma that has resulted in PTSD symptoms and I take a low dose of an atypical antipsychotic for my nightmares and flashbacks. As I deal with this, I’ve been very curious about others’ experiences living with PTSD or PTSD symptoms.

In a google form, I have created a survey with varying questions so I can answer my own. The questions I have based this project on are:

• Is there a correlation between the severity/amount of PTSD symptoms and how recently the traumatic events occurred?
  • Is there correlation on the individual’s age that the traumatic events occurred and the severity/amount of PTSD symptoms?
  • What types of symptoms are more common? Is there correlation between symptoms and the type of trauma experienced?
  • Does the location of the person affect the kind of trauma they experienced?
I do ask about the general area of where you live (country, and if the answer is USA I ask about your region), general information about the trauma experienced, and the symptoms you experience and how it affects your day to day life. I want to make sure you know I do not ask for details, just for general information. Everything is anonymous.

I also emphasize that if you are not in a good mental space that you do not take this survey as I don’t want negative feelings to come up as a result of this project. It’s for my class and your mental health shouldn’t be compromised for my own grade. Thank you to everyone who views this and please share it around! Also please let me know if you would like to see the results at the end of my project. My project is due on June 3, so naturally I will close this survey on June 1, before midnight that way I can put things together on June 2.

PTSD Statistics Survey

I am really appreciative I found this site and I hope to use this more personally in the future. Take care of yourselves the best you can <3

Back