• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Several losses during Healing

Strange

Not Active
Hi All. This will be unedited and a little disjointed. My big T was witnessing someone’s death and not having the capacity to help due to age & disbelief. While I had a supportive community, I was “too stubborn” to receive proper help until college age. In response to this, along with diagnosed mental illness prior to the trauma and a household that had other traumatized but not outwardly harmful folks living around me, I tend to leave either emotionally or physically.

My on/off again partner of 6 years was mostly healthy but we both had CPTSD and substance use issues. I found out last week he died in July. I also realized another person from my past I cared about but couldnt remain connected to also died in 2022. I ended up drinking yesterday after not for a week, having already taken mental health days from work to get healthier mindset, then found out on a Google search that one of my favorite people, without substance use or harmful behavior, died in March from cancer.

I am 42. So many people in my life who I saw as kinship spirits, died. The odd positive in this is a reminder it’s not something I could prevent and it’s also a lot. I purposely removed connections due to fear. I still cant process death and honor people the way that feels right to me. My depression also robs me of my full feelings.

I want to accept myself and also have been going through gender identity stuff as well. I isolate and retreat from a lot. I know im human and also dont feel like i am most of the time.

Grateful for a good therapist who was just on vacation this week and also that i trusted myself to take mental health days. I wont drink today and i will move forward.

Thanks for reading.

Back