• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Emotional flashback, unable to say no to sex?

Quassus

Sponsor
So, sometimes I have flashbacks during sex and I'm gone. I'm in the flashback. I know it. My husband will ask if I'm okay or want to stop and I won't answer because I feel I deserve what's happening to me and i almost dont want to stop even though its horrible( the CSA.. not the present sex). It becomes a reliving of punishment that i feel i deserve. Im both in the past and present..more the past. Usually ends with me coming out of it and crying. Okay I understand that experience well enough..

But there are times when my husband will initiate and I'm not in a flashback. I'm just not into it, but I can't stop it. He may ask if I want to stop and I can't say no and can't say yes. I might shrug or say something vague or give a one word non answer. I don't feel in full control of myself and my ability to just say no. I feel semi frozen. Obligated. Freezing is one of my major PTSD symptoms. Like full on freeze, can't move my body, when a new memory hits or whatever. But this is almost like a half freeze. There are times I'm fully with it and can easily say no. During these times I feel I don't have a choice...maybe it's more an emotional flashback?

I'm trying to understand it so I can find a way to stop it. When I just lay there and let it happen, even half hearted participate even though I don't want too I end up feeling used, gross and dirty after. I have to wash and I feel anger and resentment towards my husband like he raped me or something. But he didn't. I know we need to have a discussion about this when I'm fully present. I've told him no plenty of times when I'm fully present. But, this is complicated and I feel like i need to understand it so I can figure out how to handle it.

Obviously I can take it to Therapy...but this is a super hard conversation for me. Anything sexual fills me with shame to talk about. I'm slowly improving but not there yet.

How are you with saying no to anything/other things when NOT in a flashback? Not just sexual, although that as well, but being offered food/drinks, invitations, assignments, requests, being asked questions, etc.?

How are you with saying no to anything/other things when NOT in a flashback? Not just sexual, although that as well, but being offered food/drinks, invitations, assignments, requests, being asked questions, etc.?
Generally I don't have any issues with that

could you and he decide that (temporarily) you initiate all sexual encounters and are never in a situation where you just lie ther
This is something I was just considering. I'll talk to my husband about it...it may need to be this for awhile

My partner and I have talked a lot about my troubles saying "no" when not having sex. And that has helped me be able to say it in the moment. I think creating dialogue in a different context makes it easier for it to carry over. Also, because he knows my issues, if I don't answer or give a vague answer he stops. You might read up on enthusiastic consent if you never have. That's what he wants from me. It is definitely a process.

My partner and I have talked a lot about my troubles saying "no" when not having sex. And that has helped me be able to say it in the moment. I think creating dialogue in a different context makes it easier for it to carry over. Also, because he knows my issues, if I don't answer or give a vague answer he stops. You might read up on enthusiastic consent if you never have. That's what he wants from me. It is definitely a process.
I will check that! It definitely sounds like something I might need to try..ugh. Fun times 😆

Back